Saturday, June 28, 2008

Pleasure Island


Yesterday I learned that one of my favorite places at the Walt Disney World Resort would be closing. Pleasure Island a group of nightclubs in the middle of the oasis of Disney. I have been going to in paticular Mannequins since I turned 21 almost 6 years ago. It was/is a place that I could have fun, feel safe, relax,have a smoke free enviroment, and see friends. Now this safe drinkin/meeting place will close on September 27th. There are many of us that had one regular bartender that we all consider a friend. We always got her birthday gifts and she would bake us cakes from scratch. I have no clue where they will shop her off too, probably a resort bar where her tips will dramatically increase with the different clientel. One good thing about us fags is that we know how to tip well. I am not sure where we will go out now, but a part of my weekly routine will now be missing :( My banner page is actually a picture of Mannequins Dance Palace.

1 comment:

Baxter's Briefs said...

what's going in its place? thats too bad!