I grew up 45 minutes away from Ohio University and it for the most part a very liberal school. I would hope young minds would be more open these days but I see that is not true. I guess these hicks do not go up to Columbus which is an hour way. Columbus has the largest gay population in the midwest. Here is a snipet of an article written by a gay student going to Ohio U who was rejected by his future roommate once they found out he was gay via facebook.
"That was when I found out their real motivation. 'Listen, we do not have a friend moving in. We were just trying to be nice; we both just feel really uncomfortable living with a homosexual.' Now what am I to do? I can’t leave because I’m not allowed, and I can’t stay because I fear for my own safety. I’ve been talking back and forth with them and they feel that I am obligated to leave because of their discomfort. I wonder if they realize mine — especially when I read their statuses on Facebook declaring X is a homophobe at 8:58 p.m., and X hates faggots at 9:21 p.m."
(read the whole article)

No comments:
Post a Comment